Everyone who knows me knows that I’m a music fanatic. Like seriously, I spend hours just laying in my queen sized bed snuggled beneath piles of clothes (What? What else am I going to do with last year’s gucci leggings?) just listening to music.
My selection changes with my mood. One day it can be a hard core rap and the next a classical piece. Instead of going out for a run or tanning like a normal person, I listen to music. I don’t even have time to shower, not with Rihanna singing her heart out in my ears. Sometimes I go weeks without moving, just laying there bobbing my head. I may be exaggerating, you’ll never know (unless you take a whiff of me which I don’t recommend hehe).
Anyway enough about my lazy woes, let’s get to the point, Halsey’s dark heart. Of course when I heard she dropped a new album I was the first one to download the entire thing. Sadly my wifi was super slow and I had to wait 5 hours until I could actually listen to it, so I probably wasn’t the first person’s ears she blessed. Nevertheless I like to think I was since, you know, I always have to be the first to do everything (it’s a Habanero thing). Well when I finallyyy got the thing downloaded, I listened to every song and then I listened some more and more. In fact I’m listening to it for the 1000th time right now (this time, I’m not exaggerating). And all I can say is wow. She is deeep and a little heartless and maybe a little confused. She is one strong person and I hope some of her strongness rubs off on me. I mean who else can say you “try on people like jewelry” and that you “have a devil” in yourself. She makes me want to go out and break up with my boyfriend right now and then throw all his stuff into a fire. She makes the single life seem glamorous (which it totally is, trust me that is literally my Facebook bio). Because um we are strong independent women (or men) and should not be dragged down by someone else, Mic drop (or is it Mike drop hehe).
If you haven’t listened to Halsey’s album yet, go listen to it right now and maybe, you know, share your deep thoughts below in the comment section. Your ears will never be the same (or maybe that’s just mine, never listen to your music full bore kids). Now excuse me while I go shop for a shower speaker and a hearing aid.
BTW you can listen to the full album here.
Single person hand slap…Katherine
Hips are really cool. Like without hips, how would you walk? Or better yet, how would you shake that bootaay? Without hips you probably couldn’t even live (don’t quote me on that, I only have a doctorate in medical hip studies). Jk I don’t even know what a hip is.
No, but seriously what is a hip? Yes, yes it’s a body part, but isn’t it also the shortened word for a forest dwelling, coffee sipping, Polaroid taking, hat wearing, hipster? Yes, yes it it. Wow I’m really answering a lot of my own questions today. It must be all this hipster air floating around hehe.
Anywayyy hipsters are known to be, well, super hip people. And everyone wants to be a tiny bit more hip, am I right? (Even though right now I’m looking at you thinking, omg does this gal/guy have a degree in hipster?) So since I don’t know anyone who is a full fledged hipster I decided to instead ask my semi hipster friend, me, to help me out. With the help of me along with myself and I, I was able to put together a list of things one needs to do to become a little bit more hip.
- Learn how to play the guitar. From personal experience, I recommend garage band. You can tweak the settings so as to trick people into thinking you really do play the guitar. Before you know it you’ll be getting band contracts.
- Take really good pictures on old cameras. I’m talking before the 21st century cameras, the ones with actual rolls of film that you have to develop in a dark room. It doesn’t really matter what you take a picture of, it just has to have a woodsy or light blue background. If you want inspiration you can always check out my insta: @lets_katchup
- String fairy lights everywhere. Yes, I mean everywhere. You’re shopping at the grocery store? Leave a trail of fairy lights behind you and if the store manager says anything just tell him/her you’re a hipster and you’ll get away with it. Partying with your friends? Embed fairy lights in your clothing and your friends clothing.
- Listen to records. Don’t even think about using spotify or pandora ever again. Everything has to be played on a record. You also have to buy really cool looking record holder sleeves to hang all over your room right next to the fairy lights. I get my records at Barnes and Noble, they sell them for like $10.
- Wear hats and round sunglasses from now on. It doesn’t even matter what kind of hat you wear, even though wide brim hats are the most popular. Oh and you have to wear them indoors so I recommend you never go in a bank again, because they’ll think you’re a robber or something.
- Write everything down in a leather bound notebook. Carry a gold pencil discreetly tucked behind your ear and a brown leather bound notebook in your blue jean back pocket at all times. You see something funny hanging out of your boss’s nose? Write it down right away so you won’t forget it. Just stepped on a rattle snake? Write that stuff down too, it’ll give you something to read and laugh about as you sit through amputation surgery because that “rattle snake” turned out to be a super poisonous viper.
- Finally read Haute Habanero 24/7. Everyone knows this is THE spot for hip stuff. Hehehehehe
Wow, I don’t know about you but I all of a sudden feel superrrr hipster. Thanks me! Here let me cheers your coffee mug and pat you on your hatted head because, you, my friend, are looking so hip right now.
Hip hip hooray…Katherine